A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I've been wanting to take more pictures this year. Especially more pictures of all the kids together. They're not crazy about the idea, but I convinced them that they could play at the park after I finished. Honestly, the ones I took of them as individuals came out much better than the group shots. Bumer.
I made these Valentines for our homeschool co op Valentine party. I love that some of their spunkiness shines through in the pictures. Our days are never boring.


This one, I made for Hannah to pass out to her class at preschool.
Since Valentine's Day is also a birthday in our house (Josiah's) we don't have a lot of Valentine traditions, but one thing we do try to do every year is Valentine Math. What is Valentine Math? For my homeschoolers, it's a scoop of conversation hearts and whatever sort of graphing/word problems/estimating/counting problems I decide to come up with that year.
This is the one day each year that the kids ask me, "Can we do math now??"

No comments:

Post a Comment