A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, June 29, 2012

A 30# box of books

It's here!  It's here!  I'm excited and terrified.


Our curriculum for next school year.

Exploring Countries and Cultures by My Father's World


Something new and different for us.  After 14 years with the same base curriculum.


I'll have a 7th grader, a 6th grader, 3rd grader, and half the day I'll have a kindergartener.

The lesson plans look so different from what I'm used to!  

There are lots of real books, which I like.  

I have no idea how our "system" will work yet.  No idea where the kids will store their stuff, no idea where I'll put all these lovely new books, no idea how I'll do my planning/record keeping, no idea how I'm going to take this 30# box and turn it into an amazing learning adventure.  

Looks like I'll be learning just as much as the kids this year.  

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy MFW! :) My family also uses it, but I only have a 2nd and 1st grader.

    ReplyDelete