A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day


This year was Hannah's first "real" 4th of July celebration.  Last year, Zachary was in the hospital, and I was there in Nebraska with him.  Brianna and Eli got to go to a block party type celebration with friends, but the rest of the family did nothing.  


So everybody was pretty excited to be celebrating with food and pyrotechnics this year.  


We got together with 2 other families, for a total of 14 kids.


One of the dads bought a TON of fireworks.


He had fun.  Really.


We all did.  


I love Hannah's expression in this one.  Cracks me up.  


This was around half way through.


The snacks were awesome!  


The one casualty was Furby getting hit in the back of the leg by a firework that exploded wrong and went flying OUT instead of up.  He iced it for a bit.


If I were a better photographer, I would have taken the camera off auto focus and tried to capture Eli's face in the glow of the fireworks.  


Getting chilly, but still fun.


And out come the sparklers!



There's really no words for this, are there?  

Boys.

Sigh.



Hannah's first sparkler!  


Furby was sufficiently recovered from his burn to enjoy a sparkler.


All in all, a lovely time celebrating our great country.  A huge thanks to T and J for hosting.  And to E for taking Brianna home with you.  My house is so quiet, lol!  

No comments:

Post a Comment