A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, August 20, 2012

A Look Back


First day of Bradshaw Christian School
2012-1013


Last year


2006-2007 school year
Look at my little Bubba, Eli!  

Sigh!  The nostalgia of a first day of school always gets to me.  It's such fun to see new beginnings, and to look back and see where we've been.  This morning after the big kids were off to school, we updated our school scrapbook with new handprints and measured everybody.  


Brianna is just about to outgrow the chart!


"Weally Mom?" 


"Crazy white folks"


"I'm not even going to look"


The red handprints were made on the first day of school in 2005.  
The outline around it was made the first day of school in 2006.


Amazing to see how much they change in just one year!


I wonder if I could talk the boys into letting me trace their hands again in a different color tonight when they get home?  It would be neat to see the difference 6 years later.  


Today's hand tracings.


I had the kids each write a little on their pages.


And my "student body" for the morning.

I passed out 2 dozen personalized pencils to Brianna, Eli, and Jack this morning.
Any guesses how long it will be before they're all lost?  

No comments:

Post a Comment