A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Our Special Guests

Yesterday, I took the extra kids we have here to Hannah's school to register them.  
Of COURSE they don't have room for both of them at the same school!  :eyeroll:  

Mr Jingle Pants is going to be in Hannah's class, which means he will start school 10/8 when she goes back.  Sassy Girl is being "off loaded" but we don't know where yet.  Interestingly enough, the registrar said that the schools they offload TO are all traditional schedule instead of track system.  This means her schedule will probably mesh fairly closely with the teens' school.

Because she's being off loaded, she'll be eligible for bus service from our neighborhood school.  However, she'd have to be there at 7 a.m.
Ouch.
Methinks I'll be driving her to school and having the bus bring her home.

How is everybody doing, you ask?

Well, for the most part, everybody's okay.  It was a grand adventure the first day (Saturday).  It's become a bit less of an adventure for the kids since then.  But we're settling into a routine.  Honestly, I think having a bunch of kids here has been a help to them, in a positive peer pressure sort of way.  They can SEE what's expected of them in the other kids' behavior.  

While they're not in school, they've been doing school with us.  Mr Jingle Pants does roughly what Hannah's doing, and Sassy Girl does most of what Jack is doing.  We do things as a group, as well.

And me?  Well, I've learned things about myself.  

I'd love to have you pray for us.
Pray that I will have just a little bit more sleep, patience, and compassion.  
Maybe even a dash of organization or an extra pair of hands.  ;)
Pray that all the kids will give each other a large amount of grace.
And pray that the situation that has them here will be resolved quickly.  Despite daily phone calls, they miss their mama, of course.

p.s.  It has taken me two hours to get this little blog post written.  During that time, I've washed hair, helped hiders hide and counters count, and said, "Brush your teeth" about 32 times.  They're outside playing hide and seek in pajamas now, and I think my neighbors would be grateful if I'd bring them in and put them to bed.  It's a little noisy.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click for us!

  Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs

 Your click on the above link may help drive more traffic to my blog.  Which means more people who will see our Fundraisers Page and may make a purchase.  You can click once a day.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful thing about of loading. As soon as the child gets used to one school, the home school has an opening and right back they go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy! I think I'd elect to keep her at the same school, since this is enough upheaval for now. And it's expected to be a short term placement.

      Delete