A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up - Homeschool Week 7

We're learning about Canada!  


Yes, it's a picture of my children holding steak knives.
There was actually less blood shed during this project than the Orange Globes of Week One, when Eli sliced his hand open.  


Our Inuit soap carvings.


We also listened to the Canadian national anthem on YouTube.


And researched aurora borealis, including writing our own myths to explain it's origins.  Brianna's story was really good!  


A new country means a new flag for our flag holders!


And a new packet from Little Passports.  The kids got an explorer's compass/whistle.  Jack made Paul jump about a foot by going out to the garage to "show" him the whistle feature.  


Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this curriculum?  This is such a fun year for us, with subject matter that I enjoy.  It's so easy to add enrichments to.  I have some fun additions coming up for Brazil next month.


You can't really see the "snow" effect, but we used glue sprinkled with salt to add texture to our igloo pictures.  


Hannah has gone "off track" at school, so she's home for a 3 week break.  This means we're not walking her to school each morning, so our Nature Walk has suffered.  Last week, I counted learning about the tree in our front yard as our "nature walk" and this week we skipped it entirely.  Bad mom.


You may also notice the Perler Beads in this picture.
My kids LOVE Perler Beads, and they're a favorite around here during the cooler months.  In fact, they're telling me all the colors that we're out of and what they want to make next.


We have our children of the world stretching over our school room windows.


And we FINALLY got around to breaking last week's pinata.  


Jack takes a whack at it.


Then Hannah gives it a try.  This is her first pinata ever.  


Eli's got a pinata jump shot.


And Brianna manages to swing with a smile.


They enjoyed their loot.


What was even more touching to me is that they shared their loot.


Both with me, and with the teens who were at school when we did it. 
Love that.  

We have one more week in Canada before we head off to Brazil!  
I'm just as excited as the kids to continue our learning adventure.

Spare a prayer?  We have a couple of young guests here temporarily.
They miss their mama, of course, but overall things are going well.  
Please pray for continued grace for my kids toward them, 
and that their situation will be resolved quickly.  
Thank you!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hate to ask, but, please, please take a minute to click the box below.

Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs
Your click on this box may help drive more traffic to my blog.  Which means more people who will see our Fundraisers Page and may make a purchase.  You can click once a day.  Thank you!



Hip Homeschool Hop Button

No comments:

Post a Comment