A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

...And In With The New

I've finally put away Mr Jingle Pants and Sassy Girl's toothbrushes.  
To make room for these toothbrushes instead.


We got a special delivery last night.  


Fluffy, on the left, is 2.  And Sparkle, on the right, is 4.

They may be here for a few days, or a few weeks.  We don't know.  And that's okay.  One day at a time, right?  


This morning, I left the house carrying 3 OJs and 3 snack cups of banana puffs.  
Hannah loved it.  Usually, I make her wait until after we drop the big kids off, if she hasn't gotten ready in time to have breakfast before we leave.  


Sparkle likes the play kitchen.  They both like the trampoline.  That thing is a real ice breaker with the new kids.  :)  


We left to take Hannah to K a little early so we could stop and play at the park for a little while and get some fresh air.  I feel a little guilty complaining about being quite warm pulling the wagon when I know so many people are affected by Hurricane Sandy.  


Somehow, I suspect we're not going to get all our school work done today.  
And you know what?

That's okay, too.


Not every day, of course.  But sometimes, it's okay to just go with the flow and give myself an extra measure of grace, realizing that we can make stuff up over the weekend.

We did some oral reading this morning (me, trying to holler project over the sound of the littles playing while we were all in the playroom).  And my students can do spelling and handwriting and math on their own during nap time.  But if we don't read Properties of Ecosystems today, the sky isn't going to fall.   I hope that my kids are learning something, anyway.





Uh oh!  We've slipped to #42!  
Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs
  Click to vote for us at Top Mommy Blogs! Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment