A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Friday, January 4, 2013

From the Sewing Room


A friend asked me to sew costumes for a play her girls are in.  
The only 8 year old body in my house is a BOY, so he was not delighted to model for me, lol.  


Not pictured are a brown skirt and another apron.


Brianna recently finished a quilt.  She hasn't decided yet if it's going to be for Katie or for Project Linus.  I used to make blankets for them every year, but I just don't sew as much any more.


Hannah had pajama day at school recently.  


Like any good Sewing Mama, I whipped these up the night before.  Felt strange to get her up and tell her to change from pajamas... into pajamas.  


Hannah has probably a dozen of these little peasant tops I've made her in size 4, some, from before we even got her.  This is a size 2, for Katie.  I have a feeling it will be the first of many, too.  

I order my kids' jeans online from Old Navy.  I had a $5 "reward" to spend recently and found these cute little ruffle butt leggings for $3, so they were essentially free when I was ordering other stuff.  Once they arrived, I took them into my sewing room to find a print with that shade of turquoise in it.  I happened across this print that my friend Suzanne had given to Annaliese years ago.  It was perfect.  


Bloomers I bought on clearance, and another peasant top.  I may may a little white eyelet sundress to go with these bloomers, too.  The top seems a little bright to me.  


And yes, another peasant top.  I'm more about production than variety, I guess.  
When I saw this Ruffle Butt diaper cover on Zulily in China flag colors, I had to have it.  Unfortunately, Katie had nothing to wear with it.  I kept thinking I'd find some cute little t-shirt to go with it, but since that hasn't happened, I pulled out some old striped PRR fabric and made this instead.  

I was recently searching the sewing room for some PUL for a friend.  I didn't end up finding any, but I did find some Valentine knit that inspired me for Hannah, and something cute for Katie, so hopefully I'll have a chance to get those things cut out soon.  It feels good to be sewing again after such a long break.  I used to make the vast majority of the kids' clothes, and I do love seeing things I made in the laundry.  






Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Thank you for taking a moment to click for us!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! It's always inspiring to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete