A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

In Honor of Paul


You know you have a great husband when you interrupt a conversation about a problem you're having with one of your kids with, "Oh!  Before I forget!  There's a family with 3 kids that might be needing hosting soon, and I said we would take them," and he says, "That's fine."  The fact that he supports my dream means so much to me.

It would have been totally reasonable for him to have said no.  We're in the middle of an adoption.  We already have 7 kids in the house.  He's been working his tail off.  But he just gave me a head shake, an eye roll, and a grin.

I love our shared history.  I love all our "stories" that make us smile and laugh in memory.  I love that we've been together long enough to know all each other's faults, and love each other anyway.

Happy Valentine's Day to my best friend and co-keeper of the chaos.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment