A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Money Matters

Paul and I had a depressing talk last week.  I was feeling pretty good about things because we paid for all of our dossier expenses as we went along, and we've already paid all of our agency fees, including our post placement bond.  Until we started adding up travel expenses.

Now I'm a little worried.  When we added up flights to and from China, an estimate of flights within China, an estimate for hotel costs, guide fees, the huge ($5,000+) orphanage fees PER CHILD, tips for guides and drivers, and food, we came up with approx. $31,000.  Gulp.

Now, I know we have $90 coming to us from our Restaurant dot com fundraiser.  (Go check it out, buy one, share on your facebook!)  And we have over $1,900 in our Reece's Rainbow account, which will go to travel costs as well.  We will be putting the international flights and the hotel costs on a credit card, so that leaves about $20,000 in actual cash that we'll need to either:  wire ahead to China for our in country travel expenses and guide fees; carry to China with us in real money; or leave behind for the feeding and care of our children here.

This is why I'm so very excited that we are the featured family this week at Give 1 Save 1 Asia!  Please check out the blog post, watch our video, and donate as you feel led.  Thank you!


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  Did you click for us today?  Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you found my blog so that I was able to find yours. I find it hugely depressing that it's so expensive to bring home new family members. Because of my age, I'll likely not home-grow a sibling for my son and would love to adopt one for him. The time and the money have been so daunting that I keep putting it off. Very best of luck to you in your fundraiser. I can't wait to read more and hear about your adventures in China. Wonderful.
    Followed you on Bloglovin' too :)

    ReplyDelete