A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Photo!

As I've been emailing back and forth with our agency's in China rep to hammer out travel issues, I remembered that he had actually met Katie when he translated for agency personnel at her orphanage last year.  He was the one who labelled her with the English name "Jessica" for advocacy purposes. (She was never actually called Jessica; when we got her file, it was labelled with the file name Jessica.)


This morning, I woke up to that most precious gift any waiting parent can receive:  a photograph. Even though it's over a year old, it's one I hadn't seen before. When you only have a few pictures of your child's first 3 years of life, each one is precious. 

I'm thrilled to see toys on floor in the background.  I think I've mentioned we didn't see any toys when we were at Hannah's orphanage.  Toys on a shelf could be props, but toys on the floor indicates to me that the kids at Katie's facility really are playing with them.  15 more days until Katie Day.  11 more days until Luke days, and only 8 more days until I leave!  


Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs  We've slipped to #40.  Please help click us back up into the 30s?

No comments:

Post a Comment