A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Giardia Returns

Only not Luke this time.

Remember how I was so sick and miserable when we were on our way home from China?  I have felt "not quite right" ever since, and attributed it to a raging case of new motherhood times two.

Sunday, a doctor from our group called and told me that I tested positive for Shigella. Yesterday, my doc called and said I also tested positive for Giardia. Lovely.

At least there's medication that can hopefully knock this out and help me get back to normal. The bummer is I'm not supposed to have any lactose for a month after starting the medication. It can cause temporary lactose intolerance in up to 40% of patients. Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh bummer! That really stinks. Hang in there mama! Hope you can feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete