A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ever Feel Like You Need HELP As A Mom?


Author Kathi Lipp reminds us that we all feel that way sometimes!  Even the moms who look like they have it together, sometimes feel overwhelmed by choices their kids make.

I Need Some Help Here!: Hope for When Your Kids Don't Go According to Plan is a comforting book for moms who have regrets and struggles.  The chapter You Are Not The Only One addresses the guilt and shame moms often feel for no good reason.  As if, we expect that our kids will turn out perfect, if only we raise them right.

I remember my daughter standing in my room and telling me matter of factly that it didn't really matter what her father and I did, that she was going to be her own person and do her own thing.  Humbling.  And true, really.  We do the best we can, of course, but how our kids turn out isn't always up to us.

This book made me smile and it made me cry, and I would absolutely recommend it to all moms with kids over 8 years old.  You may need to read this every couple of years until your kids become adults.
You can connect with Kathi on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.  If your kids are little, Pin this book for now, so you can come back to it when you need it.


Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment