A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fall/Winter Sewing


Looking forward to autumn and autumn activities seems to have put me into a sewing, crafting, embellishing mood.  


I got these for the girls to wear to Sam's football games.  Team colors are purple and gold, so I thought they could wear them without a shirt while the weather is warm, and with a gold/yellow long sleeved shirt when the weather gets cooler.


I added fuzzy iron on footballs that I found at Hobby Lobby.


And made a couple bows to match.


Last year, I made Luke a batch of pants.  This year, I decided to make another batch.  Won't these little cowpoke ones look cute with a tiny chambray button down shirt??


Here's the rest of the batch:  Sesame Street/ABCs, Pumpkins/Green, Owls/Christmas stripe.


Then I made a couple skirts with the leftovers.  Panda skirt for Katie, from the leftovers from Hannah's panda skirt, pumpkin skirt for Hannah, from the leftovers from Luke's pants this year.


I bought the red shirts.  Katie's penguin skirt comes from leftovers from Lukey's penguin pants from last year, and Hannah gets the owl skirt made from leftovers from Lukey's pants from this year.

I'm working on another project now that I'm very excited to share with you, once I get some pictures.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!


2 comments:

  1. I recognize that pants pattern! I'm so glad you are getting good mileage out of it. I'm very envious that you are sewing. I wish I could sew, but I'm still digging out my sewing room and have months of mail piled up yet to go through and if I keep listing what needs doing, I'm going to cry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels really good to be creating again. I feel like if I had half as much stuff in my sewing room, I could sew twice as much, though. It's cramped and messy, as you know.

      Delete