A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up - Thanksgiving Week


Being a holiday week, I decided we'd have "light" homeschool.  Hannah was off, and the big kids only had 2 days of school, so we didn't start a new week in our curriculum.


Instead, we did our new art review curriculum, read alouds (including an upcoming review), grammar, writing, spelling, etc.

In art, we worked on still life.  We did apples, but then while I was reading, Eli was inspired to sketch the tissue box.


When we went to the park to play with the cool stomp rockets that we're giving away, I got a couple of pictures of the kids in the golden light.


I just love autumn colors.


Bri has been into jewelry design lately.  She made the necklace she's wearing.


It was nice to get some time to play at the park.  I've been neglecting park days.


One of the things I love about homeschooling is time to just play.


And outside play is one of my favorites.


Fresh air, sunshine.


Kids burning up energy, getting nice and tired.


And having jumping off swings distance contests.  It's a wonder we don't spend more time at urgent care, really.  I think I've only been twice this year!


Eli, Jack, Hannah, and Katie making Thanksgiving cards for Daddy.


Since the meal on Thanksgiving is late in the day, I pulled out a couple sets of Thanksgiving Legos for the boys to assemble while I read aloud to them.  We actually had a fabulous discussion about the origin of the term Black Friday, costs of operating a business, and net worth.


The weather was beautiful, and the boys tossed the football (which you can barely see at the top of the picture) for a bit.


These guys came over after Zach got off work.  We played games, ate, and played more games, and ate some more.  It was a lovely Thanksgiving.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

2 comments:

  1. You got some great pictures at the park. I also like the sketch of the kleenex box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking pictures of my kids. :) I'm not very good at it, and sometimes it's frustrating to try and get a group shot, but I really enjoy it.

      Delete