A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Katie's December Tot Trays


I've had fun doing these monthly posts showing what Katie is up to, but I feel like we've outgrown the name Tot Trays.  So much of what she's doing is outside the box.


Early this month, I cut out 2 tree shapes from felt.  A little one for tabletop use, that got decorated with pom poms, "jewels" (rhinestones), and tiny mini ornaments at various times.


And a larger one, for floor use, that got decorated with pouch lids


and strands of links.


The counting bears made an appearance this month.  Here, they're all sorted by color into the cups, which then made a sort of leaning tower of bear-sa.


Katie and Jack wearing crowns of pop beads, which have been a long running favorite, ever since we got them in the summer.


Hey look!  Academics!  Some holiday tracing skills.  I've also been working on her tracing K for Katie.  She can trace it okay, but when she tries to write it free hand, it's X or +.


Miss Katie likes to tape her work up over her bed.  Hannah does the same thing, so I think that's where she got the idea.  I have to convince her to let the paint dry first sometimes.


I've started getting the old, half finished Kumon workbooks I used to use with Jack out and letting Katie use them up.  Learning and decluttering at the same time!

I need to come up with a new name for the monthly Katie posts, any suggestions?

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment