A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Favorite Reviews of 2014


As we wrap up 2014, and I get my review info together for our taxes, I thought I'd share with you some of our favorites.  We tried a lot of products this year!  Some of them have dropped out of circulation around here, of course, but many of them continue to enrich our lives.


January:  WooBamboo Toothbrushes  I like these well enough to buy them.  They just feel nice, and I'm happy that they're sustainable.


February:  St. Patrick's Day t-shirt  Eli wore this shirt quite a bit, and will pass it down to Jack in the new year, still looking good.


March:  Spelling You See  Still using it, plan to continue using the next level for Jack next year.  One of my favorite curriculum reviews ever.


April was an amazing month for reviews, and with several runners up I managed to narrow it down to two favorites:  Einstein In A Box and ARTistic Pursuits.  EIAB was super fun, and if we ever have extra homeschool funds, I would love to spring for a subscription.  ARTistic Pursuits introduced us to watercolor crayons, one of the most amazing art mediums we've played with ever.


May:  There were a couple things from May that we still use often, but my iPad case from Trident Case sees the very most use, every single day.  Also, I haven't killed off all the Air Plants yet!  4 of them are still holding on, which is impressive for me.


In June, we got to try out Happy Family toddler foods!  Luke still eats from pouches regularly, and Katie plays with the lids.


July was more about summer vacation than about reviews.

August:  The Paradise books from Deborah Brown.  I just finished another one of them for a review in January, and I really love this series.


September:  While we're still using Alpha Omega Lifepacs for Jack's math, I think both boys would say they enjoyed Under Drake's Flag a little bit more.  They have a new audio drama, In Freedom's Cause, out that I'm really hoping to be able to review in 2015.


October:  Montessori By Mom.  We loved this, and the tools from our box still see frequent use.


November:  Another tie, this time between the Chalk Markers (my kids love drawing on the window with these, and even Paul had to give it a try) and the Peg Stackers that, surprisingly, Jack gets out rather frequently still.


December:  Although I, personally, enjoyed the photoshoot with Katie in the boutique wear the most, I'm guessing my kids would pick the VeggieTales DVD Beauty and the Beet.


Bonus A favorite from 2013:  Glasstic water bottles.  Josiah and Eli talked me into get them bottles, too, since they've seen me use mine every day for over a year.  I just recently started putting seasonal window clings on the glass layer, which makes them a little bit more fun.

Doing reviews has been a huge blessing to our family, and I'm looking forward to sharing new things with you in the coming year, including another art program we'll be starting soon.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're great! I like being able to use essential oils in them because they're glass, but not having to worry about them breaking, because of the plastic outside. :)

      Delete
  2. We love the Peg Stackers! All of my kids play with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny when the "preschool toys" stay favorites forever? Playsilks are another "little kid toy" that the big kids in our house still play with. :)

      Delete