A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Start of School, End of School


This originally started out as a Wordless Wednesday post in my mind, but I got wordy!


First week of school.  Nervous.  Anticipating.  Excited.  Scared.  A senior; a sophomore; and a freshman, off to school for the first time since kindergarten.


Last week of school.  So ready to be done.  Yes, Eli's taking his pillow to finals week.  Don't ask.


Start of senior year.


End of senior year.  Sam is graduating!  This was his second year on the wrestling team, and his first year on the swim team!  I'm so proud of the way that he picked up a brand new sport and threw himself into learning it.


Start of sophomore year.


End of sophomore year.  Bri has blossomed this year.  She's done some growing up and mellowing out.  Without getting too personal here on the blog, I'm pretty happy with where she's at right now.


Start of freshman year.


End of freshman year.  Eli has grown the most this year!  Both physically, and in maturity.  He's no longer the awkward barely out of middle school little boy.  He's gotten taller and hairier and stronger.  He's started football practice for next school year, and has the same awesome jump skills that Sam has.

not pictured: Josiah, Jack, and Luke

Our world has changed a lot during this school year.  When we started school in August, we had 2 extra toddlers staying with us (they left in October) and Luke had just come home from his failed placement.  Now at the end of the school year, we've got Josiah and Sam both making plans to leave the nest in the coming months.


These 3 kids from the start of the year are gone in some ways.  But they leave behind really awesome young adults that I am honored to parent.  I really adore my teenagers.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

4 comments:

  1. It amazes me how much they grow in a year. Fun before and afters.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's really wild is looking at Sam's *freshman* first day of school picture and then his senior end of school picture. 4 years is HUGE in the teens.

      Delete
  2. Awe, they've all grown and changed so much! You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin. I do feel greatly blessed indeed. I'm sometimes surprised at how much I really *like* my teenagers. I know I wasn't very likable at that age, and I know many parents just sort of suffer through the teen years. I'm enjoying them!

      Delete