A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Our 4th of July


Yes, I know, I'm about 3 weeks late.  But I'm just now getting to uploading all these pictures.


First, we took a couple pictures to recreate a shot from 2 years ago.


Then we went to the big celebration!  We played games.


It was windy, and the breeze was picking up bits of cotton candy and whirling them through the air!  You can see a chunk floating over the grass on the bottom left of the picture above.


The girls had snow cones.


Actually, there was tons of good food.  Ribs, chicken, salads, brownies.  I had a churro, but Brianna swiped half from me.


A flock of teens.  One of the things I loved about our trip to Nevada was that my older kids ran with the pack while we were there.  My baby sister and her friends were very welcoming.  My little sister in the white shorts, her friend M in the red pants, and Bri in the mint shirt.


Josiah has always enjoyed going to Nevada, and has talked about moving there someday.


The girls suckered their big brothers into winning them some stuffed animals at the games.  We came home with a couple dogs and a snake.


Sam and my sister, Amy on one of several inflatables.


Oh look, Bri is up there, too.


I think the giraffe was Brianna's, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's migrated into the panda room (Hannah and Katie's bedroom) since the trip.


Jack Jack had a wonderful time going from jumper to game to food to water slide.

After lots and lots of fun, it was time to go home and rest up before the fireworks.


Waiting for the show to begin.


Jack did well this year.  He got burned by a defective firework a couple years back, and was skittish about fireworks the next 2 years, but he was fine this year.


We enjoyed the display, even if the mosquitoes did nibble on some of us.  

This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment