A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Safety Town Graduation


I'm a little behind on sharing these pictures!  Things are more fun with small fries in the house again, but I get less computer time.


This was as the leaders were bringing all the kids in, with graduation music playing.  Brianna is 4th from the left.


Katie is just to the left of the projector, almost right smack in the center of the photo.


Then we had some speeches, of course.  The guy on the right in the blue shirt is one of the two guys in charge of putting on this great program every year.


They showed a slideshow/video of a variety of footage that was taken during Safety Town.  Katie in the blue dress above, and Brianna behind her.  All the kids got to sit on the police motorcycle.


And Katie in the flowered dress, checking out the fire engine.  Katie was probably one of the only kids to have actually ridden in a moving fire engine before.  A perk of having Thanksgiving at the firehouse most years.


Next, each of the children was called up to receive their certificate and a Matchbox sized police car.  They do high fives instead of handshakes at this age.


I look at this picture and realize the next time I blink she'll be walking across stage to get her high school diploma.


This was Katie's teen leader for the week.


My girls with one of the officers that helped out with the program.  My heart went out to him.  It's got to be hard to be a black cop right now.


This was Katie and Brianna's group, the ambulances.  There were 4 groups altogether, the others being police cars, fire engines, and school buses.


And the whole herd, making silly faces.

Safety Town was a really good experience for both my girls, and I'm so glad we participated.  I wish I had known about it when Hannah was the right age!  Katie learned so much, and it was good for her to have her own "thing" for a while, since she's seen the other kids have had camps and practices and such.


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment