A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

A large family, homeschooling, adoption, special needs, whatever strikes my fancy, sort of blog.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

China Trip: Nikki Has a Family!


Today's post melts me into a puddle of mooshy goo.  I love love love watching a beautiful story unfold, and this... it's a good one!


This picture is the first meeting of advocate and child.  And over the course of only a few days, the advocate fell in love.


This is Jenny, one of our team members from November's advocacy trip.  I tried to find a picture of her not holding a child, but every picture I have of her, she's got a kid in her arms.  That's pretty much who she is.  Jenny works as director of children's ministries for her church.  I was impressed when I heard how accepting their church is of adoptive families and kids with special needs.  I know Jenny will have many friends rally around her in support after Nikki comes home.


Nikki is a sweet, happy girl.  In fact, when I met her, I found myself thinking, "Limb differences are easy.  We're already patients at Shriners..."  But our family is not ready for another adoption right now.


These two...  belong together.


One of the things I noticed when I was looking through my photos for a picture of just Nikki to use as the top photo in this post is that Jenny is in almost all the pictures I took of Nikki.


Nikki will be Jenny's first child.  You can see more cute pictures of Nikki at Jenny's blog as she works her way back to China to claim her little girl.


All the other children in these photos are still waiting for their families to see them and commit to them.  If there are any kids pictured here that you would like more information on, please let me know!


If, like us, you're not in a position to adopt right now, would you consider supporting those who are adopting?  Jenny has a Pure Charity account, which means that your donation will go directly to her adoption agency.


If you can't donate, please cover the trip kids in your prayers.  That the adoption process would go smoothly for the ones who have families coming for them, and the other children would be seen and have families commit to bringing them home.

I hope to have news of more matches to share with you very soon!


This post may be linked up at these linky parties.

Top Mommy Blogs - Click To Vote! Thanks for clicking for us!

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I hope they will be having great bond together. Thank you for sharing with us :) Prayers & well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It seriously made my whole day when I found out.

      Delete